Jabra introduces its Evolve2 series, the new generation in the Evolve line, the UC headset that improves productivity in the office.
Jabra Evolve2 headsets set a new standard for better concentration and collaboration, the manufacturer promises in its press release around the newcomers:
“Jabra is introducing its Evolve2 series, the new generation in the Evolve line, the best-selling and market-leading UC headset that improves office productivity. The series consists of the Evolve2 85, Evolve2 65 and Evolve2 40 and is designed to improve concentration, collaboration and flexibility in the workplace. The Evolve2 is the new standard that takes office productivity to a new and higher level. The headsets work with all known UC platforms, the certification process for Microsoft Teams is in full swing’.
Changes at the office
We read further in the announcement:
“Since the first introduction of the Jabra Evolve series in 2014, a lot has changed in the office. Tasks are becoming more complicated and require more and more collaboration, so employees spend more time working together than concentrated work in isolation. This creates more distractions and buzz in the office. As a result, workplace productivity remains a permanent challenge for organizations around the world. But it’s not just our office environment that has changed. In today’s society, where work and private life regularly overlap, technological solutions must be able to support every conceivable usage scenario. Jabra’s uncompromising Evolve2 headset series offers features that support all aspects of life. Whether at work, at home or on the go.”
Future-proof through monitoring and analytics
In addition to improving levels of concentration, flexibility and collaboration, the Evolve2 series addresses another important productivity issue: the need to monitor and analyse the entire UC ecosystem in the organisation to ensure stable and high UC voice quality. Evolve2 integrates seamlessly with key software/monitoring vendors so IT managers and other decision makers can assess the performance of each individual Jabra headset and quickly identify the root cause of poor call quality. Whether it’s the WiFi router, the UC infrastructure or the user’s personal headset settings.
In addition, Jabra Xpress software enables easy and secure management of headsets, such as firmware updates or the implementation of new functionality without bothering the IT department,” says the manufacturer. For example, according to Jabra, organizations can now “take a further step in their digital evolution by making their employees future-proof with an Evolve2 series headset designed to meet all the challenges of today’s knowledge worker: concentration in the office, remote collaboration and flexible use”.
Leading sound and speech quality
We read in the press release: “With 150 years of audio engineering expertise, Jabra has a proven track record. Compared to Jabra’s existing Evolve series, the new flagship Evolve2 85 is an all-digital headset with 50 percent better noise reduction thanks to Digital Hybrid ANC and isolating ear cups equipped with ‘memory foam’. Speech quality is 40 percent better by specifically focusing on the user’s voice and muffling all ambient noise.
The new series of headsets features no less than 10 microphones for focus, speech clarity and ANC. Even in the noisiest of spaces. The headsets feature the 360-degree visibility of Jabra’s signature ‘don’t disturb’ lighting in concentration mode. The wireless headsets in the range can be connected to all mobile devices. The Jabra Sound+ App provides a personalized and full sound experience”.
The Evolve2 series consists of three models:
- The Evolve2 85 offers Digital Hybrid ANC and ten microphones in total: two in the integrated microphone arm and eight in the ear cups. The wireless battery life is up to 37 hours, the 40 mm. drivers ‘provide a great music experience’ and both ear cups feature ‘in use’ lighting. The headset takes full advantage of the latest in audio chipset technology, putting the Evolve2 85 at the forefront of battery life, reliable connectivity and sound processing. The sleek Evolve2 85 is designed with both the office environment and the mobile professional in mind.
- The Evolve2 65 has three microphones: two in the microphone arm and one in the right ear cup. Battery life is up to 37 hours and the actual wireless range is three times that of the existing Evolve 65.
- The Evolve2 40 is a wired version and offers the same advantages and features as the Evolve2 65.
The Evolve2 85 and Evolve2 65 are equipped with the Jabra Link 380, Jabra’s new Bluetooth adapter (dongle) which is available as a USB-C or USB-A.
The Microsoft Teams versions in the series have a dedicated Microsoft Teams button that allows direct connection to colleagues and meeting groups. The special status indicator LED on this variant signals things like a missed call or meeting.
Pricing and availability
The Jabra Evolve2 series will be available from April 2020 at selected retailers. The Evolve2 85 and Evolve2 65 are available in two colors: black and beige. The Evolve2 40 is only available in black.
- Evolve2 85 STEREO MSRP €449 (€489 with desk stand for charging)
- Evolve2 65 STEREO MSRP € 209 (€249 with desk stand)
- Evolve2 65 MONO MSRP €199 (€239 with desk stand)
- Evolve2 40 STEREO MSRP €119
- Evolve2 40 MONO MSRP €109