Polk Audio announces that it has a new soundbar in its range: the MagniFi 2, an addition to the series of the same name.
The MagniFi 2 makes the step to multi-channel home theater sound accessible to everyone. Polk Audio developed the MagniFi 2 based on years of experience in achieving outstanding audio quality. The tuned driver array and Polk Audio’s patented Stereo Dimensional Array (SDA) technology, originally developed by founder Matthew Polk, create an impressively large sound field and a fantastic, true-to-life sound. The MagniFi 2 also features a new 3D audio mode with Polk Audio’s SDA technology for virtual altitude channels. This provides a powerful, immersive listening experience,” we read in the press release sent to you.
Easy installation and use
The Polk Audio MagniFi 2 is easy to install and use. HDMI and optical cables are included for quick and easy installation on any 4K or HD TV. In addition, the soundbar features three HDMI 2.0 inputs to ensure that 4K HDR content looks great. The MagniFi 2 automatically works with TV remote controls from Samsung, LG, Vizio, TCL and Sony to control the volume, as do most CEC-equipped TVs. The MagniFi 2 also features Polk Audio’s patented Voice Adjust technology that allows users to adjust voice levels for flawless dialogue and exceptional intelligibility, according to Polk Audio.
The MagniFi 2 supports Chromecast, allowing users to easily stream content from Amazon Music HD, Apple Music, Roon, Qobuz, Spotify, Tiddal and more. Just give Google Assistant a command. Users can also adjust the volume and find information about the music with their voice. Music can easily be played via Bluetooth from a smartphone, tablet or other compatible device.
We read further in the press release of Polk Audio: ‘The MagniFi 2 is equipped with four 1 inch by 3 inch full-range drivers, two 0.75 inch tweeters and an included 8 inch subwoofer and therefore has enough power to surpass all traditional soundbars. The subwoofer produces more than ten times the bass of the average TV set. The warm, deep bass brings movies, TV and music to life. The soundbar is equipped with EQ settings for movies, music and sports that ensure an optimal level of the soundbar and subwoofer. Users are thus assured of the purest dialogue, impressive surround sound and deep bass for the best audio and home cinema sound. Night mode allows you to reduce bass and enhance dialogue at the touch of a button without touching the volume knob on the soundbar. Everything is fully adjustable. Users can also manually adjust voice control and bass settings to suit their listening conditions’.
In addition to the advanced sound capabilities, the Polk Audio MagniFi 2 soundbar features a number of innovative technologies that make it easy to use and accessible:
- Polk Smart Remote Compatibility: The MagniFi 2 is compatible with most TV remotes with CEC and offers integrated and simple support for popular IR remotes from Samsung, LG, Sony and Vizio. Thanks to the IR learning function, the soundbar also works with TV remotes whose codes have not yet been integrated.
- Universal compatibility: The soundbar works with any TV and comes with HDMI and optical cables for easy installation.
- Simple design: The MagniFi 2 is only 2 inches high and therefore does not block the remote control or the view.
- Scala of audio/video inputs: For optimal flexibility, the soundbar features three integrated Ultra HD 4K HDMI (HDCP 2.2) inputs, one HDMI (ARC) output, an optical input for TV audio, Chromecast for audio, and Bluetooth.
The MagniFi 2 is the latest addition to the MagniFi series of Polk audio, which includes (entirely in the words of Polk himself, by the way):
- MagniFi MAX and MAX SR: Most sound bars can’t match the sound field, power and immersive sound of the MagniFi MAX and MAX SR. With Polk’s patented SDA and Voice Adjust technology, Dolby Digital and DTS decoding, HDMI connectivity and wireless surround, users can create a 5.1 system with great sound.
- MagniFi Mini: Featuring the same fantastic Polk Audio sound and SDA technology patented by Polk for an incredibly wide sound field. The MagniFi Mini offers the same details and power as a normal-sized sound bar, but in a compact package for maximum flexibility.
The MagniFi 2 by Polk Audio is available in the Netherlands exclusively at MediaMarkt for €499,-. For more information about the Polk soundbars and audio products, please visit the manufacturer’s website.