Denon has announced its first soundbar with integrated Google Chromecast: the Denon DHT-S416.
The new Denon DHT-S416 soundbar with integrated Google Chromecast is a nice addition to Denon’s already extensive soundbar range. Thanks to Chromecast, users can stream Hi-Res Audio from music services such as Google Play Music, YouTube Music, Amazon Music HD, Spotify, Tidal, Deezer and Qobuz via Wi-Fi. In addition, it is possible to give voice commands via a Google Assistant device (not included). This provides a seamless and intuitive user experience. The DHT-S416 can even be paired with other speakers with Chromecast for a wireless multiroom system.
The DHT-S416 is only 5.6 cm high and therefore flat enough to fit under most modern TVs. Despite its flat design, it features 1.25 x 4.4″ full-range oval drivers and two 1″ tweeters for the clear and rhythmic midrange and treble for which Denon – as we read in the press release – has been known for 110 years: ‘The separate subwoofer features a 5.25″ driver in a ported enclosure for deep bass at phenomenally low levels. Thanks to the wireless connection to the soundbar, the subwoofer can be placed inconspicuously and fits perfectly into a minimalist interior’.
The DHT-S416 features advanced acoustics and is carefully tuned by sound masters from Denon. This allows it to realistically recreate a multi-channel soundtrack on the surround system in a home theater and deliver exceptional music quality. You can mount the DHT-S416 on the wall; the installation only takes a few minutes.
Compatible with all HD and 4K TVs
Thanks to support for HDMI ARC and CEC, the soundbar can also be controlled with the TV remote control. If HDMI ARC is not available, the DHT-S416 provides an optical input and can be wirelessly paired via Bluetooth to stream music, podcasts and other audio content for maximum versatility.
Convenient: the soundbar features a trio of EQ presets – Film, Music and Night – for an optimal listening experience. The DHT-S416 also offers three Denon Dialogue Enhancer modes for better speech intelligibility while watching TV. In addition, the DHT-S416 features a Pure mode that disables surround processing for sound in its purest form. The DHT-S416 is an addition to Denon’s extensive soundbar range, which already consists of the DHT-S216, DHT-S316, DHT-S516H and DHT-S716H, with prices ranging from €219 to €899. The new DHT-S416 (€329) is available from September at authorized Denon dealers. For more information, please visit the Denon website.
Additional features of the Denon DHT-S416
All the extra features the new soundbar has to offer:
- Integrated Google Chromecast: Stream Hi-Res Audio via wifi from music services such as Google Play Music, YouTube Music, Amazon Music HD, Spotify, Tidal, Deezer and Qobuz.
- Voice control: Control your music with your Google Assist device – play, pause, and adjust the volume. Use the Google Home App to combine the DHT-S416 with other Chromecast speakers and play your music anywhere in the house.
- Wireless Subwoofer: Enjoy seismic bass sound from a 5.25″ subwoofer in a ported enclosure. Easy to install thanks to the wireless connection to the soundbar.
- Denon Dialogue Enhancer: Improves the intelligibility of dialogs with 3 different modes.
- Users can also make dialogs louder without adjusting the overall volume.
- HDMI with ARC: Exceptional sound clarity through a single connection to your TV. Moreover, you can control the DHT-S416 with the remote control of your TV.
- Three pre-programmed EQ options and one Pure option: With different sound modes (movie, night and music), users can tune their sound to suit any occasion.
- Unobtrusive design: With a height of just 5.6 cm, the DHT-S416 fits into most rooms without blocking the bottom of your TV, like most larger sound bars. It can also be wall-mounted.
- Dolby Digital Decoding: Provides multi-channel Dolby surround sound with more clarity and realism.