Bryston’s new BR-20 is the preamplifier that has ‘everything’. It took Bryston years to develop. So it must be really special!
Importer and distributor Mafico announces the new Bryston BR-20:
“Bryston has invested years in designing a new preamplifier, which will be one of the most important Bryston introductions of recent years. Now is the time to announce the brand new BR-20. This product is equipped with everything you would expect from a preamplifier; the best DAC technology, a renewed streaming platform and a completely new “fully balanced” analog preamplifier. Three products, merged into one unit. And that for € 7340, – and including the BR4 remote control’.
Space to breathe
The Bryston BR-20 gives your music an enormous amount of room to breathe with measurements of 0.0006% THD+N. In addition, the BR-20 combines the BDA-3 DAC with an updated BDP streaming platform in the system for the best achievable digital performance. Even the internal headphone amplifier has been updated to give more power and lower output impedance,” continues Mafico.
As always, for ease of reference, the specifications of this new Bryston are listed below:
- 2 Balanced and Single Ended Inputs
- 2 Balanced Outputs
- Completely renewed Class A analog circuits
- XLR pair configurable as variable or fixed output
- Independent power supply for analogue and digital circuits
- Software controlled and balanced volume control
- High-res DAC to PCM 384 kHz / 32 bit and DSD x 4
- Digital inputs incl. 2 AES/EBU, TOSLINK, S/PDIF (RCA) and 1 USB
- The high resolution streamer plays virtually any format in the original “native” resolution.
- Remote control BR-4 and via webUI on smartphone, tablet or computer
Bryston is currently busy putting the finishing touches to the software and preparing for production. At the end of November 2020, the first orders will be placed. Look for a complete overview of this new model on the Bryston site.