Marantz has released the new AV7706 8K surround AV preamp, which is ready for the future of home cinema.
With 11.2-channel XLR and RCA preouts, the new Marantz AV7706 is the foundation of any home theater system that requires masterful precision. Thus, the manufacturer proudly reports in its press release on the device: The AV7706 is designed for use with high quality external amplification, such as the Marantz MM8077, MM7055 and MM7025, and is not only an excellent AV processor, but also an exceptional analog preamp with Marantz’s own HDAM circuits in the preamp that provide optimum channel separation, minimal crosstalk and an improved signal-to-noise ratio for precise detail reproduction and stereo imaging.
In addition, ELNA capacitors in combination with other specially selected components in the analogue and digital sections provide exceptional power and dynamic power for traditional physical sources, such as turntables and CDs, and all digital media. Marantz combines the latest in audio and video technology with a cutting-edge piece of engineering for the most versatile premium home theater experience”.
Advanced 8K HDMI connectivity with eARC support
The new Marantz AV7706 offers ample connectivity with eight HDMI inputs and three HDMI outputs. One dedicated 8K input supports 8K/60Hz or 4K/120Hz passthrough capabilities, while all other inputs support up to 4K/60Hz and 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, Dolby Vision, HLG, HDR10, 3D, BT 2020 passthrough and the latest HDCP 2.3 copy protection.
The AV7706 features all the latest HDMI technologies and specifications to make the viewing and listening experience of movie, game and TV programme enthusiasts even more immersive with support for HDR10+, Dynamic HDR, Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM), Variable Refresh Rate (VRR), Quick Media Switching (QMS) and Quick Frame Transport (QFT) on all inputs. The video processor can also scale up any existing video source to 8K quality. The AV7706 also features HDMI eARC that supports 3D audio formats such as Dolby Atmos and DTS:X in exceptional quality from your TV sources.
Full 3D audio support
The AV7706 supports the latest surround formats for full immersion in multidimensional audio, including Dolby Atmos, Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology, DTS:X, DTS Virtual:X, IMAX Enhanced and Auro-3D.
Audio quality comes first
Marantz: “The AV7706 effortlessly handles details in demanding movie action scenes and offers the best possible audio playback when sending an analogue signal, streaming music from leading music services or listening to high-resolution audio files from the music library up to FLAC192 and DSD5.6. The AV7706 has a dedicated pre-amp with Marantz HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) technology that provides ultra-fast slew rate, flawless broadband performance and maximum dynamic range to provide optimal sound quality. A separate power supply is designed for the pre-amplifier section. For the highest precision and widest dynamic range with the lowest distortion, the AV7706 uses advanced 32-bit AKM D/A converters on all channels that convert the digital signal from the two extremely powerful Sharc Griffin Lite DSPs into the analogue domain’.
The Phono EQ stage is also equipped with Marantz HDAM technology to ensure fast signal processing and maintain a pure audio signal for – so the manufacturer reports – exceptional sound performance: “This way, the character and realism of the music remains guaranteed. The AV7706 reproduces every note exactly as the artist intended or as the sound designer created it, from the quiet moments to the grand action scenes’. Attention has also been paid to design. All sensitive components for audio processing are protected by the stylish aluminium front panel with illuminated porthole display.
Key features of the AV7706
For convenience, the Marantz AV7706’s most important specifications are listed in the manufacturer’s own words:
- 2-channel XLR preout; 11.2-channel RCA preout
- 2x Griffin Lite DSP for 3D audio: Dolby Atmos, Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology, DTS:X, DTS Virtual:X, IMAX Enhanced, and Auro-3D for an exceptional listening experience in all your favourite audio styles, including support for Front Wide and Centre Height
- 8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz pass-through support for any entertainment need
- With 8K/60Hz passthrough and upscaling, Dynamic HDR and QMS, you’ll enjoy the smoothest, clearest picture quality available
- With 4K/120Hz passthrough, VRR, ALLM and QFT you’ll experience an unprecedented gaming sensation with incredible image reproduction and both less lag and less frame tearing
- Latest HDR format support including HDR10, HDR10+, HLG, Dolby Vision, 4:4:4 colour resolution and BT.2020, as well as Dynamic HDR provide exceptional brightness, purity and contrast for amazing picture quality on all 8 HDMI inputs and 3 outputs
- Advanced video processing with analog-to-HDMI conversion; upscaling: SD to HD/8KeARC
(Enhanced Audio Return Channel) supports the most advanced surround and object-based audio formats via a single HDMI connection between AVRs and compatible TVs
- Special pre-amplification with proprietary Marantz HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) for best acoustic performance
- Oversized power supply with audiophile grade ELNA capacitors for fast and clean sound reproduction
- Comprehensive shielding to minimise the risk of interference
- Reference Class 32-bit AKM D/A converters on all channels ensure consistently high precision and precise channel tuning across all channels for the ultimate listening experience.
- Stream music via Internet radio, Spotify Connect, Amazon Music HD, TIDAL, Deezer and more with Bluetooth, AirPlay 2 and HEOS built-in
- Advanced room acoustics optimization with Audyssey MultEQ XT32, Dynamic Volume, Dynamic EQ, LFC, Sub EQ HT and professional tuning using the optional Audyssey app for the sharpest performance in any room including Dual Speaker Memory Preset
The Marantz AV7706 (€2,399) is available from all authorized Marantz dealers.