The new Synology DS3622xs+ and DS2422+ are designed for serious and heavy use, ran by powerful CPUs.
Synology’s newcomers are intended for heavy business use. But at the same time, serious video collectors with a large collection of – of course legally purchased – movies in 4K or higher resolution always lack storage. The same applies – perhaps to a slightly lesser extent – to collectors of hi-res audio. In both cases, large-scale consumers of multimedia files will get their money’s worth with the new DS3622xs+ (pictured above) and DS2422+. These are 12-slot NAS units. A fitting optional DX1222 expansion unit is available too. The two largest Synology products in desktop model have the computing power to match their storage potential.
“The DS3622xs+ and DS2422+ serve a very diverse market of businesses and creatives who need a large amount of secure and fast storage without investing in an expensive rackmount server,” says Peggy Weng, Product Manager for Synology. “These products stretch the capabilities of the tower model and provide an excellent solution for all demanding applications.”
Overall performance improvement
According to the manufacturer, the DS2422+ offers reliable mass storage and efficient data protection for a variety of situations. Expandable to 24 slots, the DS2422+ is ideal for storing and protecting large collections of data in multi-user environments. A new processor provides an impressive improvement over its predecessor.(1) Reliable sequential read/write speeds of 2200/1300 MB/s, ample storage options and cost-effective deployment make this solution the perfect choice for small and medium-sized businesses looking to be more productive in managing and backing up their data.
Taking it one step further
Taking capabilities one step further, DS3622xs+ features excellent processing qualities and generous built-in connectivity for demanding applications, including network monitoring, as a backup server or for virtual machine storage and direct video editing. The high-performance unit delivers over 260,000 4K IOPS for random reads and sequential read/write speeds of 4700/2400 MB/s. This makes it a true storage powerhouse, according to Synology.(1) “The impressive storage performance of the DS3622xs+ makes it ideal for businesses that need a high-performance storage solution for I/O-intensive workloads with multiple users,” explains Michael Wang, Product Manager at Synology. “With robust built-in data protection tools and intuitive storage management, users can quickly begin to reliably manage their data.”
Powerful features with room to grow
Equipped with two 10GbE RJ-45 ports and three Gigabit ports, the DS3622xs+ delivers ready-to-use high-speed networking and out-of-band management (OOB). In addition, integration with Fibre Channel-SAN is supported.(2) The DS2422+ easily integrates with existing IT infrastructures thanks to four Gigabit RJ-45 ports. Both units are expandable with 10/25GbE network interface cards.(3) NVMe SSD cache can be added via M.2 NVMe SSD adapter cards to improve random I/O performance for frequently used data.(4) Combination cards provide 10GbE connectivity and SSD cache can be added via a single PCIe 3.0 slot. DS3622xs+ and DS2422+ are both built for DSM 7.0, the latest version of Synology’s DiskStation Manager (DSM) operating system, which has powerful data and storage management tools.
Drives for Business
Both DS3622xs+ and DS2422+ are designed to work optimally with Synology business drives. The HAT5300 3.5″ SATA HDD and SAT5200 2.5″ SATA SSD are specifically designed to offer industry-leading performance and integration with DSM, providing enhanced monitoring and maintenance capabilities. Storage capacity can be easily doubled or tripled by connecting up to two(5) 12-slot DX1222 expansion units. When expanding storage space, practical implementation is also made easy with Synology DSM, which minimizes service interruptions during expansion.
- CPU: 6-core Intel® Xeon®
- Memory: 16GB DDR4 ECC (expandable up to 48GB)
- Form factor: Tower
- Disk slots internal/max: 12/36 (6)
- Random Read/Write IOPS(1): 260k/97k
- Sequential read/write speed (1): 4,700/2,400 MB/s
- Network Interface: 3 x 1GbE RJ-45 / 2 x 10GbE RJ-45
- Add-in Cards (3): 10/25GbE NICs/Synology M.2 add-in cards/Fibre Channel host bus adapters
- Out-of-band management: Yes
- Max. number of IP cameras: 90
- Warranty (8): 5 years
- CPU: 4-core AMD Ryzen™
- Memory: 4 GB DDR4 ECC (expandable up to 32 GB)
- Form factor: Tower
- Disk slots internal/max: 12/24 (7)
- Random read/write IOPS(1): 124k/52k
- Sequential read/write speed (1): 2,200/1,300 MB/s
- Network Interface: 4 x 1GbE RJ-45
- Add-in Cards (3): 10/25GbE NICs/Synology M.2 add-in cards
- Out-of-band management: No
- Max. number of IP cameras: 40
- Warranty (8): 3 years(extendable to 5 years in certain regions)
Both units are available now from Synology resellers and partners.
(1) Performance figures are obtained through Synology’s internal testing. Actual performance may vary depending on test environment, usage and configuration. Please refer to the performance charts for more information.
(2) Fibre Channel support can be achieved with a compatible PCIe FC host bus adapter. Refer to our compatibility list for the most current list of compatible host bus adapters.
(3) Compatible NICs include the E10G21-F2, E10G18-T2, E10G18-T1, and E25G21-F2. Refer to the compatibility list for the latest compatible devices.
(4) SSD cache can be enabled by using Synology SAT5200 2.5″ SSDs or, if you don’t want to use disk slots, by installing Synology SNV3400/SNV3500 NVMe SSDs with M2D20 or E10M20-T1 adapter cards, sold separately.
(5) Only for DS3622xs+. DS2422+ only supports one DX1222 expansion unit.
(6) With two 12-slot Synology DX1222 expansion units.
(7) With one 12-slot Synology DX1222 expansion unit.
(8) The warranty period begins on the date of purchase which is indicated on your receipt. Learn more here.