The Test Setup
The test setup is simple in this test:
- Sonnet Morpheus as dac / pre-amp
- Bryston 4B SST3 power amplifier
- Metrum Acoustics Ambre ROON player
- Focal Sopra No1
- Audioquest Oak speaker cable
- Grimm TPM interlinks
- Audioquest NRG1000 power cables
- Isotek Titan EVO3 filter for Bryston
- Kemp PowerStrip 8plus manifold for sources
We’ve streamed from the NAS and Tidal. To make a good comparison, we also included the Metrum Acoustics Pavane and the Metrum Acoustics Adagio. In the end we compared most with the Adagio.
We tested with and without MQA. In order to hear what MQA does, we have tried to compare high-res downloads with the MQA tracks from Tidal. However, it is never certain that the master is the same. Know that.
I read your review of the Sonnet Morpheus and watched your video. One thing you didn’t mention in your review was the bass quantity and quality. How does the bass compare to the adagio and pavane?
Thanks for the nice videos !!!
Thank you for your comment and question. The bass is comparable. Very slight differences. Maybe a bit tighter.